This section provides continuing professional development (CPD) and continuing medical educational (CME) information, resources and tools to assist individuals in the field of cardiovascular heath care.
The CCS is the national voice for cardiovascular physicians and scientists.
The CCS mission is to promote cardiovascular health and care through:
- knowledge translation, including dissemination of research and encouragement of best practices;
- professional development and leadership in health policy.
CPD Committee Mission:
To position the CCS as a Canadian cardiovascular community leader in knowledge translation and cardiovascular continuing professional development.
CPD Committe's Aims and Goals: CCS will strengthen its role as a leader in knowledge translation by aggregating and disseminating leading-edge research and providing needs-based educational opportunities.
- Serve the medical community in an ethical and responsible manner by accrediting and disseminating unbiased and objective cardiovascular programs.
- Ensure that all CCS educational programs meet the highest standards for CPD development and are consistent with the educational needs of our community.
- Follow the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada for accreditation standards and align with the Canadian Medical Association’s Guidelines for Physicians in Interactions with Industry as the primary principles for the development of all CPD programs.
- Offer CPD via new and/or innovative methods (e.g. e-learning).
- Increase exposure of Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (CCC) and guidelines and position statements.
- Collaborate on the dissemination of CCS guidelines by enabling opportunities for education.
- Quantify the impact of CCS initiatives on clinical practice and continue to track health outcomes.