Annual Achievement Award
The Canadian Heart Failure Society (CHFS) Annual Achievement Award was created in 2016 to recognize a member who has made significant contributions to the academic, research, or clinical scopes of heart failure.
Although the recipient is usually expected to be a member of the CHFS, if nominated, exceptions can be considered at the discretion of the Nominations and Awards Committee.
Nominations must include (and will be judged by) the following:
1. Two letters of recommendation from members in good standing to support each nomination; and
2. The nominee must be shown to have made significant contributions to the academic, research, or clinical scopes of heart failure. Particular consideration will be given to contributions towards advancement of heart failure issues in Canada.
The award will be presented at the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (CCC) at the CCS Award Ceremony. The winner will receive an honorary crystal award.
A call for nominations will go out to all CHFS members with a closing date of May 1.
CCTN - CHFS Research Competition
The Canadian Cardiac Transplant Network (CCTN) and Canadian Heart Failure Society (CHFS) are pleased to announce the opening of a Research Competition at the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (CCC) 2017. Applicants submitting their research abstract in the field of heart failure, transplantation, or mechanical circulatory support (MCS) to the CCC (using the Abstract Submission Portal) will be given the opportunity to submit their abstract into the CCTN-CHFS Research Competition.
- Only the first author of the abstract will be eligible to submit to the Research Competition.
- To be eligible, the first author must be a non-faculty member at any academic institution/medical center. Examples of eligible applicants include (but are not limited to) students, medical residents or fellows, research fellows including post-doctorate, and allied health care professionals.
- Adult and pediatric, medical and surgical, clinical and basic science research is accepted.
- Abstracts that are accepted for presentation at CCC that are submitted to the CCTN-CHFS Research Competition will be considered, and four finalists will be selected for presentation, 2 from the field of heart failure and 2 from transplant/MCS.
- In addition to their CCC abstract poster presentation, each finalist will present a moderated presentation of their research at a CCTN-CHFS Research Competition session at the CCC.
Competition Winners and Awards:
- A panel of judges will score the presentations, and select a 1st and 2nd prize winner. Winners will be selected based upon the overall quality of the research project, presentation and ability to answer questions in the discussion period. Winners will be announced at the CHFS Annual General Meeting at CCC.
- A prize of $1,000 will be awarded to the 1st place winner and $500 to the 2nd place runner-up, and $250 for 3rd and 4th place finalists. The CCTN and CHFS would like to thank Servier Canada Inc. for their support of this award.
A call will go out to all CCTN and CHFS members, with a closing date of May 2, 2017 at 12:00 EDT.