The Canadian Cardiac Transplant Network (CCTN) was federally incorporated in 2013 as a non-profit organization with the purpose to advance the practice of cardiac transplantation and mechanical circulatory assist device therapy in Canada, including:
- Promotion of cardiac transplant and mechanical circulatory assist-related research (in both de novo and long term patients).
- Attention to national issues in cardiac transplantation (e.g. cardiac donor management/organ allocation/listing criteria/organ sharing) including the setting of guidelines, standard protocols, and the promotion of formal policies.
- Advocacy for patients who require or have undergone cardiac transplantation and/or mechanical circulatory support devices.
- Development and support of a national cardiac transplant and mechanical circulatory assist device database.
- Education (promoting professional development including fellowship programs/guest speakers/educational programs)