The Canadian Cardiovascular Society will host CCC 2020 in Edmonton, Alberta from Thursday, October 22 to Sunday, October 25, 2020. CNCT is a proud CCC educational partner. Information on CNCT activities and programming at CCC 2020 will be updated here when available.
Dr. Michael Freeman CNCT Annual Achievement Award
The Dr. Michael Freeman Canadian Society of Cardiovascular Nuclear and CT Imaging (CNCT) Annual Achievement Award honours the memory of Dr. Michael Freeman and recognizes a member who has made an outstanding contribution in their career to Cardiovascular Nuclear and/or CT Imaging in Canada.
CNCT members are asked to nominate an outstanding individual:
1. Whose career has significantly contributed to the clinical practice, teaching and/or research in Cardiovascular Nuclear and/or CT imaging in Canada;
2. Is recognized and respected among their peers in cardiac imaging in Canada
and internationally; and
3. It is usually expected that the nominee would be a Member or a Past Member in good standing of the CNCT.
A nomination submission must include the following documents:
1. A Letter of Recommendation summarizing the candidate's career and how they have significantly contributed to the clinical practice, teaching and/or research in Cardiovascular Nuclear and/or CT imaging in Canada, and why they should be considered for recognition; and
2. A Biography and Curriculum Vitae of the nominee.
The award will be presented at the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (CCC) at the CCS Award Ceremony. The winner will receive a plaque.
A call for nominations will go out to all CNCT members, with a closing date of May 31.
Ross A. Davies, 2019
Marla Kiess, 2018
Michael Freeman, 2017
Terrence Ruddy, 2016
Best Abstract Award
In 2016, CNCT established an award to recognize excellence in cardiac imaging research.
1. Abstract submitted to the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (CCC) in the field of cardiac imaging (Nuclear, PET, CT, echocardiography, MR); and
2. Clinical or basic science.
If the abstract is submitted from an Awards Committee Members’ institution, or if an Awards Committee Member is identified as co-author of the abstract, a CNCT member will be selected to serve on the Awards Committee.
The award will be presented at the CCC at the CNCT Annual General Meeting. The winner will receive an honorary plaque.
Aws Almufleh, 2019
Lionel Tastet, 2018
Lionel Tastet, 2017
Amir Ahmadi, 2016
Thank you to our sponsor!